As of July 8, the Department of Health has mandated masks be worn in public in Trumbull County. We ask that all those attending upcoming services wear a mask. We will have masks available if you need one. Thank you for cooperating as we adhere to the guidelines set by the Department of Health. This mandate does not affect children under 10 and will not affect GFC Kids.
As we prepare to meet in person, we as a church are taking precautions to keep our congregants safe based on guidelines from the CDC. We encourage you first and foremost, that if you or someone in your household is symptomatic of COV-19, that you please stay home and watch online. Below are some of the ways we are doing our best to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
Healthy Hygiene Practices
- Please maintain good hand hygiene, washing hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- We will have hand sanitizer available, as well as tissues, and no-touch trash cans.
- Please cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use the inside of their elbow. Used tissues should be thrown in the trash and hands washed.
Cloth Face Coverings
- We encourage use of cloth face coverings. Note: Cloth face coverings should not be placed on children younger than 2 years old, anyone who has trouble breathing or is unconscious, and anyone who is incapacitated or otherwise unable to remove the cloth face covering without assistance. Cloth face coverings are meant to protect other people in case the wearer is unknowingly infected but does not have symptoms.
Cleaning, & Disinfection
- We will be clean and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces and shared objects in between uses.
- When we go back to two services, we will be cleaning between each service.
- Be mindful of social distancing. Create space between you and those around you, outside of your household.
- For now we will be offering digital bulletins instead of print.
- We encourage you to give electronically. We will not be passing offering plates, but there will be one location in the auditorium to give in-person with no contact.
- If you are comfortable, GFC KIDS is open and available to your children.
- Your children are welcome to sit with you in the service. We will have activity sheets available for them.
- We are continuing to host many of our meetings and groups virtually to limit over exposure.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present, even when people are participating within their own health status and heeding all safety warnings. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By attending worship services and by participating in other ministries of the Church, you and your family assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Q: What is Grace's plan if after attending a service, numerous congregants contract COVID-19?
A: We will cancel our in-person services and meet online the next weekend, and thoroughly disinfect our location at LaBrae High School. We will also let all of our church family know through mass communication that some attenders have tested positive, while protecting the privacy of those infected.
Q: If I don't feel well or someone in my home is sick, should I still come to church?
A: We ask that you please join us online from home if you or someone in your household is sick or symptomatic of COVID-19.
Q: Will there be hand sanitizer stations available?
A: Yes, we will have hand sanitizer available in numerous locations.